- 800-380-7908 ext 113
Kristin is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP). She is a forensic expert experienced in litigation support and investigative accounting. Her primary focus is the quantification of economic damages for personal injury litigation and Accident Benefits claims.
Kristin has substantial experience in the preparation of expert-witness reports involving the examination and analysis of personal and corporate financial records, numerical analysis, economic and industry-specific research, and assessing factual assumptions. She has been involved in various types of files involving employed and self-employed individuals from a wide array of industries.
Kristin joined ADS in October 2014. She brings with her more than ten years of experience in economic loss assessments and income replacement benefit calculations, working for both defence and plaintiff’s counsel, having prepared thousands of calculations and reports. Kristin has been qualified as an expert witness in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. In addition, Kristin started her career as a Claims Representative for insurers.
In her free time, Kristin enjoys hiking and spending time with family and friends. She is a supporter of the Bereaved Families of Ontario — Hamilton/Burlington and a volunteer at St. Timothy elementary school.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Economic Loss, including Pension, LTD and Dependency Losses
- Accident Benefits, including Income Replacement Benefits, Economic Loss for Attendant Care, Interest, and Dependency
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), 2014
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) of Ontario, 2007
- Charter Insurance Professional (CIP), 2004
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2016
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, AND ADR APPEARANCES
- In-house presentations for insurers and Personal Injury law firms on quantifications issues relating to Economic Loss for tort and Income Replacement Benefits